Too bad this year they suck.
Every show that I have been faithfully watching all year, hours of tedious story lines and arcs all leading up to what should have been monumental season finales, has let me down. With the except of The Office (which really only delivered in the last three minutes...Jim poking his head into Pam's confessional made me scream with joy and Ryan's phone call from Corporate was unexpected) I have been severely disappointed with every single show I spent so much time invested in. Everything just feels...flat.
Grey's Anatomy - Too predictable. Keds and Ken will back me up when I say I called the fact Bailey wouldn't get Chief Resident, Chief Webber would stay Chief of Surgery, and Burke would be the one to leave Cristina at the alter last Wednesday night before the finale when they asked my predictions for the finale. I did not anticipate Meredith's younger half-sister being the one Derek flirted with in the bar or would be one of the new interns but this just angered me...what a way to drive Meredith and Derek farther apart. I mean Meredith can ruin that relationship all on her own without adding that stupid twist. The whole show is about the two of them and I know their angst and difficulty being together is what drives the show, but come on...don't make either Derek or George fall for her sister. That's just dumb. And I figured George would either fail the test and leave the program or leave Seattle Grace all together, but could he at least talk to Izzie, please. Message to the writers: get rid of Callie and Burke (Issiah Washington should have been gone after his first rude comment), get Meredith's head out of her ass (seriously, she didn't even blink when Derek laid it all on the line...is she even human?) and bring back your witty and unbelievable writing for next season or this show will not last much longer.
CSI - Since I already knew Sarah would be taken and the crew would find out about her and Grissom I had nothing to look forward to. I had said weeks ago that the Miniature Killer was probably a girl because no one would suspect a woman and men really don't have that much attention to detail to make such intricate models. I also figured they would not find Sarah right away because they needed to drag it out over next season. Considering Jorja Fox has yet to renew her contract she is probably going to die in the next season premiere. One part that did give me a slight shiver was Grissom getting his throat cut. I thought, hey, that's a twist I wasn't expecting. But of course it turned out to be the sick delusion of a very twisted woman.
Supernatural - Sammy couldn't die. He's a main character. So of course Dean was going to make a deal with the demon. And the previews showed nastiness coming out of a crypt which I had figured out was hell opening up. I did not think they would actually kill the yellow-eyed demon so soon, figured they would drag that out for some more time. And I bet some new baddie that escaped hell will soon take its place. But seeing Jeffry Dean Morgan's name in the credit clued me in Big Daddy Winchester was going to make an appearance. But he crawls all the way out of hell, battles the yellow-eyed demon to save his sons and says NOTHING? And never touches Sam? What the...? I felt seriously gypped.
Survivor: Figi - Was there ever a chance Earl wouldn't win? No, because everyone else played like idiots including Yau-Man who proved the car curse is still effective even if you give the car away.
Medium - After three episodes leading up to this finale we don't get to see the murder that was Alison's downfall? Come on! I mean, she predicts Neve is going to be a victim and it's drug out for three episodes until it finally happens by fellow nigh soap alum Jason Priestley and we don't even get to see it? Talk about being gypped. Also, Scanlon dropping her so quick pissed me off after everything she has done for him, including saving his life a couple times. Not sure I care about this show coming back now that everyone knows what Alison does. It was better when it was kinda a secret because the whole "Wow, you talk to dead people" awe is going to get old when she has to repeat it to everyone she meets.
How I Met Your Mother - The week before's episode was better but I understood they wanted to wrap up not only the season but possibly the series since they were not sure if the show was coming back. Even so, there was nothing special about this finale and Lily and Marshall (with the exception of Lily's drunken dance in the wiener hut) were just annoying. And I still wonder if we will ever meet the titled character...I'm not holding on to hope for that one.
Desperate Housewives - Actually this one was not too bad but I have been fading on this show for a while. I figured out the whole Bree storyline before she even made an appearance because I remembered about Danielle's delicate condition. Of course Bree would keep that covered up. And I knew Susan and Mike would never make it to a huge wedding. It is just not them. I figured Gaby would regret marrying the mayor immediately...just look at his outburst from last week. She is stupid to think he would be a decent man and deserves what she got. Lynette's mom was horrible and I hated her character as well as hating that little "bastard" snot of Tom's even more. The only thing I did not see coming was Edie hanging herself at the end...but I bet she doesn't die, Carlos will come in a save her at the last minute because Edie is too great a character to lose. But hey, writers have done stranger things.
And while we are on the subject of flat don't bother going to see Shrek the Third...save your money. It is so not worth it.
It has really been a week of disappointment. Only Heroes and Lost left. I am not holding out for any answers coming out of those finales either. They are sure to leave me frustrated and aggravated for four months, but hopefully entertained.
We'll see.
Ear Candy: "Home" - Daughtry
Eye Candy: The Holiday (I love this movie)
Brain Candy: Entertainment Weekly

When God Closes One Door He Always Opens Another, Even Though Sometimes It's Hell in the Hallway



















8 comments:
Oh, lord. Your rundown of Grey's -which I quit watching after Season 1, because the rest have sucked- sounds like it just jumped the shark to me...
I agree with you on Grays. I used to LOVE this show but this season has been bad, really bad. I could care less what happens now.
I thought Heroes last night was awesome though. And the office was really funny! I want some Shrute bucks :)
Okay, I might spoil something for someone who has these TiVoed.
I thought they cancelled Grey's. But maybe it was another medical show. I don't watch that one.
I am with you on Medium. With the Joe aftermath side story, they dragged out that storyline too much. Normally it is much more fast pace. At first, I was kind of pleased they were showing an aftermath, because that is what happens in real life, but it got boring pretty quick. I wasn't really disappointed with the Jason/Neve scene because Allison still had the vision, and pretty much after the vision I don't need to see Neve's head get cut off. But, I would rather see it stay on the hush-hush. I kind of wonder if they are going to branch her character out, and do the medium for hire, like the real Allison does, which doesn't seem that interesting. Still had a sense of everything will work out, and its all hunky dory in Allison's world, and much as I hate cliffhangers, I do like to be drawn back. I will still watch it next season, if only to see where they go with the storyline.
The other show I watch is Supernatural. I am a late comer to this show, only regularly watching the middle of this season. I agree, Sam was coming back. I think they could have taken an exciting different direction with the whole storyline. I also knew Dad was back from reading what the show was going to be about on EW and they say, "Don't get excited. Dad's back." I was kind of wondering if Dad not touching Sammy had to do with Sammy potentially not being all the way brought back, as suggested by ol' yellow eyes. Also kind of strange to see him with that cold blooded look on his face, and not hesitating as he has done in all the episodes I have watch.
CSI and How I met your mother I only watch occasionally, and didn't see the finales. Looking forward to your Heroes review, since I only just started watching that show too.
"But, I would rather see it stay on the hush-hush."
I mean, the it's a secret, I'm a medium that you were talking about.
Yes, you called most of what was going to happen on Grey's. I'll vouch for that. This being said, of course they are going to drive Derek and Meredith apart. That's the base of how people stay interested. Derek and Meredith are the equivalent of Sam and Diane; Ross and Rachel; Rhoda and Joe.; and Lisa and Milhouse. If they get together, it will be after a long, long time. I figure they'll have to endure at least two, maybe three more breakups before finally ending up together. I will admit the Izzy being in love with George storyline is boring me.
I liked Desparate Housewives, though. It was a good mix of comedy and drama and while some of the things were predictable (Susan and Mike getting married in a simple wedding), what's up with the 50's throwback story line with Bree faking her own pregnancy to cover up for Danielle's?
I got what I wanted out of these TV shows - a few hours worth of escape from everyday life. Frankly, I would much rather be spending time either in my pool or in my spa right about now. It's almost a better escape than TV.
I will have to come back and read the rest - cause I got to "Medium" and had to close the window. I have like 5 episodes to watch still (including the season finale).
I did see "CSI", and I wasn't all that impressed this year either... I would be kind of sad if Sara doesn't return; she's kind of a pain in the ass but I was really enjoying the storyline between her and Grissom.
The only show of the ones u listed that I watch is Greys. I think it is really a matter of prefernce because I will totally disagree with your outlook on it. I really didnt think it was all that predictable on the Bailey front because I think there is much more to it than her just not getting Cheif Resident. I never saw it coming with Burke leaving Cristina at the alter but I think it makes for a great storyline next season. And I am with Ken on the Derrick and Merideth front. They are the headliners on this show. It would be boring if they were together and had a perfect relationship.
I am sure LOST will be awesome this week with a HUGE cliffhanger.I guess we will find out tomorrow.
I was absolutely fuming when CSI ended with "to be continued". That should be illegal in t.v. Because you KNOW I will miss the premier for some dumb reason or another.
URrrrrrrrrrrr.
Post a Comment