Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out & screaming "WOO HOO! What a ride!"

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Dollars, Dreams, Denied and Dan (Again)

Advertising Whore No More
I'm not sure if any of you noticed it or not, but I got rid of the Google ads in my sidebar. When I first set up the account and added the ads I never really thought anything would come of it. I write this blog for fun not profit, but hey, if I could possibly make a buck why not give it a shot? Other people were doing it and I am always one to trying jumping on the bandwagon. After the first few weeks when I started to see some activity on my account I got excited. Maybe I could make money off of this silly online diary. But then the ads seemed to be slightly behind my posts and sometimes did not even make any sense when compared to what I wrote. Still, I was slowly making some cash and I was inspired by others tales of paying off car payments with their Google Ads checks. I couldn't wait for my first check. But it never changed and I eventually forgot about my account. Until a couple days ago when I clicked on the icon to check my balance. $8.15. For two and a half years. I really thought the ads would produce more results than a measly $8.15 in two and a half years. So down they came. If the ads weren't going to do their job and make me oodles of cash I was not going to clutter up my page with useless items. In their place I added links to the girls' Catster pages, complete with adorable pictures of each kitty. Much better to look at and more fun than ads asking if you are gay or pushing a new vaginal cream.

Incidentally, if you have a cat you should join Catster and ask Portia and Nerissa to be friends. It is a great place for cat lovers and fun to see how many friends your furry children can make. They have one for dogs too. Anything to pimp my babies even more so I can show the world how adorable they are is fine by me!

What A Strange Trip It Has Been
I have been having very weird and sometimes terrifying dreams lately. Last night I experienced a particularly nasty one that woke me out of a dead sleep and caused me to sit bolt upright and make sure Charming was sleeping next to me. I had dreamt I was at the dealership getting my car fixed (probably carried over from a conversation I had earlier with someone who was going to get her car fixed this week) and called Charming's cell phone to have him come pick me up. But someone else picked up his phone and when I asked where my husband was they told me he had been in a car accident and when he got out of his car to talk to the driver who hit him, the other driver shot Charming. My husband was dead. As soon as those words were said I woke up immediately, almost screaming, my heart hammering in my chest. It felt so real, like something I had experienced before. I felt very Medium and had to reach over and poke my completely safe and sleeping husband. Let's hope I am not like Alison DeBois so that particular dream never becomes a reality.

It took me a while to fall back to sleep after being so scared and abruptly awakened. I tried to concentrate on something nice to help me drift back off to sleep. So naturally I pictured those lovely pictures I had posted on this very blog yesterday. I was hoping for a nice dream revolving around the very buff Daniel Radcliffe (more on him in a minute.) Sometimes if I concentrate on something very hard I can make my dreams form around a certain thought. But it doesn't always work. And last night was one of those times that no matter what I was thinking my brain wanted me to go another way. Which led me to a dream about the creators of South Park redecorating my house. I haven't watched South Park lately, never think about its creators in any way, and the house was mine in the dream but not the house I actually live in. Why I would let the creators of South Park decorate my house is beyond me but it led to Trey Parker falling in love with me and me refusing him because Charming was upstairs doing our taxes. As I was tending to our three rabbits who were simultaneously giving birth, Trey Parker kissed me and started to swoon right as my mother walked down the stairs in a dressing gown and informed me the monkeys were calling for me.

For the record, I am not attracted to Trey Parker, we own neither rabbit or monkey and our taxes have been done since February. Oh, and as far as I know my mother wouldn't come downstairs in a dressing gown if I had company. Not sure why she was there in the first place.

So I go from the completely terrifying to the completely bizarre. My mind is not a safe place to linger. No wonder I feel tired today.

But It Was SUPPOSED To Be Today!
I have been looking forward to May 15th for quite some time now. Ever since I heard their new single and discovered Maroon 5 was releasing their new CD on May 15th I have been greatly anticipating buying it. I don't go out of my way to buy many artists' CDs as soon as they come out. Mostly CDs on the whole are not good enough for me to purchase the entire album. Mostly I download single songs or wait until the library gets them so I can burn what I want. But certain artists demand an instant CD purchase the day their new album premieres, sometimes at the stroke of midnight the day before. I went to Wal-Mart last night hoping to purchase my new CD but they had not put out all the new CDs or movies for premiere Tuesday. I would have to wait until Tuesday itself.

So Charming and I got up and ventured to Best Buy early this morning (well early for us.) Charming was excited too, the new Linkin Park CD was being released today as well. We walk in to Best Buy, make a bee-line to the New Release CD section (we have to make a bee-line or else we get distracted and leave with hundreds of dollars of merchandise. Best Buy has that sort of hold over us.) and Charming snatches up his copy of Linkin Park. I look and look but there is no Maroon 5. I even check the regular shelves, thinking maybe they just did not put it out front as a new release (a slight snub, but as long as I got my CD I was not going to complain) but it was not there either. Finally I asked an associate.

"Oh, it is being released May 22. Next Tuesday."

What? I receive the Maroon 5 email newsletter and never did I hear of the release date being pushed back. So I pouted all through the checkout line and when the cashier asked if we had found everything we needed I replied, very loudly because I have no tact, "No, my CD is not here. It was SUPPOSED to be released today. I have been waiting for months and now I have to wait another week."

I can be such a child.

So of course Charming was gloating and waving his CD around in my face which prompted me to bitterly blame Linkin Park for the delay of my CD. This stopped him in my tracks and made my husband look at me like I had sprouted another head.

"How in the world is that possible?" after staring at me in shocked and somewhat bemused silence for a while as he contemplated what possible explanation I would come up with for this preposterious accusation.

"Well, Linkin Park was on SNL last week and their CD was released today. Since Maroon 5's CD was going to be released today too but they will not be on SNL until THIS Saturday, I bet they pushed the CD release back a week so they could have the exposure on SNL help boost their sales for next Tuesday. So it is Linkin Park's fault because they got on SNL first."

"Wouldn't that make it SNL's fault?"

"No. It's Linkin Park's fault."

Another pause. He was really trying hard not to laugh directly in my face all the while impressed at my deranged opinions.

"Well at least it is not just me you can blame random things on. Nice to know your talent extends to the bands I like. I guess no one is safe."

Mature Vibe
Because I can't seem to get those pictures out of mind, even if they aren't going to help me have more pleasant dreams, and I become obsessed with things way too easily, I found another quote from Daniel Radcliffe, one that gives me hope and might possibly put him on my List (you know the one that lists the top five celebrities you are allowed to be with no matter what your relationship status)...after he turns eighteen:

There's no shortage of young female fans hanging outside the stage door hoping to touch Daniel, but the teenager - who reckons he's had two serious girlfriends – admits he likes slightly more mature dates.

'I'm more comfortable with people who are a bit older, especially older girls, which is a real curse, because they are not interested in a younger guy,' he reveals.

Nevertheless, Daniel's very happy to be adored. 'I'm 17, and as long as girls are interested in me, that's fantastic,' he tells The Times.


HA! He likes mature women! YES! I am so in...if I weren't married and living across a vast ocean and entire an continent from him. Oh well...I think he is definitely going on The List.


Ear Candy: "Makes Me Wonder" - Maroon 5 (repeatedly...I don't have their new CD yet)
Eye Candy: How I Met Your Mother season finale
Brain Candy: Trying to finish Rupert's book...still



When God Closes One Door He Always Opens Another, Even Though Sometimes It's Hell in the Hallway

10 comments:

[] said...

Good call on taking down the ads. $8.15 for 2.5 years, take out the taxes...you're on welfare, baby!

Checked out Catster - your girls are adorable!

yoo hoo said...

I so read this line wrong. You had just been talking about Daniel Radcliffe, and I read this, "Sometimes if I concentrate on something very HARD,I can make my dreams form around a certain thought."
I thought you were talking about Danny boy being hard.....were you? :)

Cupcake Blonde said...

moniker - They are aren't they!

carla - HA HA!! Talk about a slip of the tounge..uh type there. Yes, thinking on that certainly may have helped!

Mel said...

Dreams like that are AWFUL!!! I blame Linkin Park for that too. In fact, I think the fact that I have to work today and its supposed to be my day off is Linkin Park's fault. There was a bug in my coffee this morning, I am blaming Linkin park for that too. I am sure they are responsible for global warming. :)

Lynda said...

I hate dreams like that. I didn't know Maroon 5 had a new CD coming out. Seems for the past 5 years, the radio has realeased "new" songs that are from the album I have.

I like how you say you were childish in Best Buy, and then in the next paragraph, you say you are a mature woman. ROFL!

Anonymous said...

I really like Maroon 5's last CD may have to check the new one out...

And Daniel Radcliffe?! Just say no. Have you noticed it's only people who like Harry Potter that fancy him?? Which just makes it even more sick and twisted!!!

Jen said...

Wow. You've had alot going on.
I think my blog post is to blame for your nightmare. It seems to be going around this week.

Cathy said...

First, very interesting dreams. I've had a few doozies like them myself. But, with dreams I remember, there's always numbers associated. For instance, I was in Lane Bryant shopping. The total was over $700 (this number I can't remember), but I had $479.23 on my credit card and had to return some items to use my card. Things like this.

But, it took me over an hour to get through your post. Why? Because I was helping "the man" finish my closet. Now I have shelves AND I can see the floor in my 3rd bedroom (office). Need to stop collecting office products. Love the paper. Anyone in need of party favors designed?

Evey said...

I have had some bizarre dreams in my time as well. The scary ones like the first one you had totally suck, but the weird ones are so funny and I laugh at how the heck our brains come up with some of the stuff they do.

Caster, thats cute. Belle has a profile on Dogster as well hehe!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! That was a VERY full post!! Sorry to hear about the bad dream!! I hate dreams like that!

Related Posts with Thumbnails